DINAN High Performance Dual Core Intercooler - 2012-2016 BMW 2/3/4-SERIES
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
Greater power gains are achieved with a larger high-performance intercooler. The Dinan dual core intercooler provides a 240% increase in face area along with an equally impressive increase in volume, substantially reducing the pressure drop to 0.8 psi, as well as providing for more efficient heat exchange and more consistent output power. Dinan's unique dual-core design allows 2 separate cores to be working in conjunction with one another at all times. This doubling of resources is directly responsible for a 60% improvement in the delta from charge air temperature to ambient temperature (see diagrams). "Cool down" time is also reduced, enabling the cars to produce full power under varying driving conditions such as stop and go traffic. This leaves the chances of being susceptible to heat soak nearly a thing of the past. The system has been engineered to be as direct a replacement as possible to the stock unit, requiring only minor modifications for a clean, factory-like installation. The increased thermal efficiency provided by the Dinan dual core intercooler will also enhance turbocharger reliability in addition to overall power. On a stock vehicle, power gains can be had from 4000 RPM and beyond (when the car is in boost). In order to achieve the best performance, the intercooler should be paired with the Stage 3 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner as it provides optimization of the intercooler. In particular, it extends the power band to be more robust and powerful from 5000 RPM to redline whereas without tuning the bulk of the gains are from 6000 RPM to redline.
- Max gains (N55 engine) of 15 HP and 13 lb-ft of torque @ 6250 RPM (greater gains and a wider power band can be achieved when paired with stage 3 DINANTRONICS)
- Max gains (N20/N26 engine) of 6 HP and 5 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM (greater gains and a wider power band can be achieved when paired with stage 3 DINANTRONICS)
- Face area 240% larger than the stock intercooler setup for maximum cooling efficiency to deter heat soak.
- Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.80 PSI (25% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature drop: 155º F (11% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature / Ambient Temperature Delta: 18º F @ 6250 RPM (60% improvement over stock)
- Part #D330-0021