Upgrading the restrictive factory downpipe with the APR Cast Downpipe Exhaust System is a great way to increase performance and add a sophisticated growl to the exhaust note. Ideal performance is achieved through expelling exhaust gasses at maximum velocity through APR’s proprietary, low-turbulence, investment cast downpipe. Designed and assembled in-house, the system utilizes only premium materials and world-class manufacturing techniques to deliver unmatched quality and reliability.
- Designed and assembled in-house.
- T304 stainless steel construction.
- Argon back-purged TIG welding.
- Investment cast downpipe.
- 77mm inlet with integrated flange.
- Low profile, sealed/corrugated flex section.
- 76mm outlet with integrated bracket.
- 8mm billet bracket.
- 76mm brushed and de-burred piping.
- Non-swedged/slip-fit/flanged piping.
- Investment cast o2 bung.
- 300 cell, 100mm x 100mm GESI catalyst.
- OEM-style slip-on clamps.
- Reducer for OEM catback compatibility.
- APR Stage II ECU Upgrade price waived.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
The factory downpipe system consists of smaller, 63mm piping with varying bends and multiple restrictive high-cell-count catalysts, all of which contribute to a less than ideal flow path and hindered performance. APR’s engineers took a multi-step approach to maximizing flow, reducing under hood temperature, and eliminating unnecessary restrictions all in a unique package only APR can deliver.
Stage II ECU Upgrade
For the best results, APR recommends installing the Stage II ECU Upgrade. This Stage II upgrade is free for all APR Stage I ECU customers with purchase of an APR cast downpipe.
- Brand: APR
- Part #DPK0004
- Compatible with Volkswagen GTI MK7